On the Week That Was Courtesy @FEMA
FEMA COVID-19 Update
- The Biden-Harris Administration has launched a national public education campaign, We Can Do This, to help Americans make informed decisions about COVID-19 vaccines to protect themselves and their communities.
- This campaign will run from June 4 to July 4 and involves a whole-of-government response.
- All 10 FEMA regions and headquarters will work with state, local, tribal, territorial and the District of Columbia emergency managers and stakeholders to support this campaign.
- Working with state governments, FEMA will continue to provide federal support to community vaccination centers, including supplemental vaccine allocation to 11 pilot sites.
- There are 11 active or temporarily closed federal community vaccination center pilot sites and 88 mobile pop-up sites receiving supplemental vaccine allocations and other federal support. Additionally, there are three federal community vaccination center pilot sites that are receiving federal personnel support but are no longer receiving supplemental vaccine allocations. Twenty-five federal community vaccination center pilot sites and 128 mobile pop-up sites have completed the pilot program.
- The federal community vaccination center pilot sites have administered more than 5.5 million vaccinations.
- Additionally, 17 mobile vaccination units are deployed to Arizona, Connecticut, Idaho, Maine, Maryland, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, Oregon and South Dakota.
- The mobile units have administered more than 53,800 vaccinations.
- Individuals interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine can visit vaccines.gov to find a location close to them and make an appointment. Individuals can also text their zip code to 438829 to receive a text with the closest COVID-19 vaccine location. In addition, individuals can receive a free ride to and from COVID-19 vaccination centers from two ridesharing companies through July 4.
- FEMA is processing applications for funeral assistance to provide financial assistance for COVID-19 related expenses.
- As of June 2, FEMA has received more than 205,000 funeral assistance registrations and approved more than $139.3 million in assistance to individuals.